Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"My Shoes Keep Falling Off!"


Kembry loved these little sandals that I bought for her in Bali during our last trip. But that trip was in the middle of our Aussie winter (still hot and sticky in Bali though), so only now is Kembry able to start wearing them. So the other day she put them on to take Cumoram to school and as we're walking through the school grounds she says, "I can't mummy. They hurt coz they won't stay on." It was a very disappointed little girl who had to take off her shoes and walk barefoot, and put on a different pair when we got home.

So, I took her to our local Spotlight and bought her about one and a half metres of matching ribbon. 

I poked a hole on each side of the strap using a seam ripper, then used the snips to widen it a little bit...
  
I used tweezers to push the ribbon through the hole...


Pulled the ribbon through and tied a knot in it. I used Fray-Stop on the ends to stop them from fraying and to sort of help glue the knot in place so it wouldn't slip.


I did the same thing to the other side and then the other shoe, and in 5 minutes, here's a pair of cute little beaded sandals, that are now even cuter and more comfy with satin ribbon ties to tie around her little ankles and keep them from slipping off. The beading on the shoes was enough to hide the knots in the ribbon. I love when adorable little things become even more adorable, and now they're just a little bit more practical :) And yes, as soon as I can actually get her in the shoes AND pose for a photo I will post one !



0 comments:

Post a Comment