Friday, May 11, 2012

Thinking About Christmas Trees Already...

I was inspired last year by Cami from Tidbits and her "way back when" idea for redecorating her Christmas. I'm tired of our coloured plastic ornaments and bead strings on our tree. I really like the gold and green colour combination we have, but I want something warmer and more homely, and I want to decorate our whole house this way, not just our tree.

Cami's gorgeous "way back when" tree.
So for a long while now I've been thinking about our tree - because that's where I'm going to start - and what I want to do with it. I want it to have a handmade atmosphere that feels comforting and inviting, yet rustic and is also very textile. I've been pinning lots of ideas on Pinterest because even though it's only May, I know it will take me all year to make them. And also because I'm really not creative when it comes to decorating, so it will take me all year to figure out if my ideas will actually work together. I'm seeing browns and creams, maybe a little green and red too.


Some of my favourite ornament ideas on my Pinterest board:


I love these paper flowers made from sheet music and the words used as garlands around the tree... 


  And these gorgeous, print covered baubles...


These adorable little brown paper parcels... 


 This gorgeous little pearl wreath ornament to add a little elegance to the tree, while still being homely and vintage.


 And these twine covered baubles, which I think are my favourites because of the amazingly textile quality the twine gives them. Perfect to add to the rustic, homemade feel I want for our Christmas tree this year. 


 And because I absolutely adore felt and the warmth it seems to bring to projects like this. These pretty little felt balls...


I love these beautiful little twine baubles for a modern twist while still keeping with my textile, rustic theme...



Some vintage christmas sheet music for inspiration, to use in my ornaments perhaps...



Now, I'm not a fan of the burlap decorating thing. But I really love these stockings. Burlap would fit in very well with my theme. I especially love the wooden initials hanging from the stockings, instead of printed or embroidered names on them. 


Lots of inspiration, time to get started :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment